Callisia Repens Pink Panther Plant, also known as Pink Lady or Callisia Rosato, is a stunning and versatile indoor plant with cascading stems and delicate pink and green foliage. This plant, which is native to South America, is becoming increasingly popular among houseplant enthusiasts due to its beauty and ease of care.
In this article, we will delve into the price, benefits, care, and propagation guide of the Callisia Repens Pink Panther Plant.
Botanical Classification of Callisia Repens Pink Panther
Note: The cultivar name ‘Pink Panther’ refers specifically to the variety of Callisia Repens with pink and green leaves.
Benefits of Callisia Repens Pink Panther
Callisia Repens Pink Panther, also known as Pink Lady, is a beautiful and unique indoor plant that offers several benefits. Here are some of the benefits of having a Callisia Repens Pink Panther plant in your home:
- Air purification: Like many indoor plants, Callisia Repens Pink Panther is an excellent air purifier. It can help remove toxins from the air and improve air quality, creating a healthier environment for you and your family.
- Aesthetically pleasing: The delicate pink and green foliage of the Callisia Repens Pink Panther plant is a sight to behold. Its unique coloration and cascading stems make it a beautiful addition to any indoor space, adding a pop of color and liveliness to any room.
- Stress relief: The colors and patterns on the leaves of the Callisia Repens Pink Panther plant can have a calming effect on the mind, making it a great stress reliever. This plant can help create a more relaxing environment in your home or office.
- Easy to care for: Callisia Repens Pink Panther is a relatively low-maintenance plant, making it a great choice for both novice and experienced plant owners alike. It doesn’t require much watering or fertilizer and can thrive in a variety of indoor environments.
- Versatile: Callisia Repens Pink Panther can be grown in various indoor settings such as hanging baskets, tabletops, and shelves. Its cascading stems make it perfect for adding a unique touch to any corner or shelf.
How To Take Care of Callisia Repens Pink Panther
|Light||Bright, indirect light. Can tolerate some shade.|
|Temperature||Thrives in warm environments between 60-80°F (15-27°C).|
|Water||Water thoroughly when the top inch of soil is dry. Do not overwater.|
|Humidity||Can tolerate a range of humidity levels, but prefers higher humidity.|
|Soil||Well-draining soil that retains moisture.|
|Fertilizer||Use a balanced liquid fertilizer once a month during growing season.|
|Propagation||Propagate through stem cuttings in water or soil.|
|Toxicity||Non-toxic to humans and pets.|
Note: While Callisia Repens Pink Panther is generally easy to care for, it’s important to note that it’s not frost-hardy and should be kept away from cold drafts or extreme temperatures.
Propagation Guide for Callisia Repens Pink Panther
Here’s a step-by-step propagation guide for Callisia Repens Pink Panther:
- Select a healthy stem: Choose a stem from your Pink Panther plant that is at least 3-4 inches long and has several leaves.
- Cut the stem: Use a clean, sharp pair of scissors or pruning shears to make a clean cut just below a node (where the leaf meets the stem).
- Prepare the stem: Remove any leaves from the bottom half of the stem, leaving only a few at the top. This will help the stem focus its energy on producing roots rather than maintaining leaves.
- Plant the stem: Dip the cut end of the stem in rooting hormone (optional), and then plant it in a pot filled with moist, well-draining soil. Make a hole in the soil with a pencil or chopstick, and gently insert the stem, pressing the soil around it to secure it in place.
- Water the stem: Water the soil around the stem thoroughly, making sure it’s evenly moist but not waterlogged.
- Create a humid environment: Cover the pot with a plastic bag or a clear plastic container to create a humid environment. This will help the stem retain moisture and encourage root growth.
- Provide light: Place the pot in a bright, indirect light location. Avoid direct sunlight, as this can scorch the leaves.
- Monitor the stem: Check the soil regularly and water as needed to keep it moist but not waterlogged. Also, keep an eye on the stem for any signs of growth, such as new leaves or roots.
- Remove the cover: Once the stem has rooted and is showing new growth, you can remove the plastic cover and care for it like a mature Pink Panther plant.
Propagation can take several weeks to a few months, depending on the conditions and the stem’s health. With patience and care, you can propagate your Callisia Repens Pink Panther and enjoy its beauty in multiple locations.
Price of Callisia Repens Pink Panther
The price of Callisia Repens Pink Panther can vary depending on factors such as plant size, availability, and location. On average, a small potted plant can cost between $10-$20, while a larger, more established plant can cost upwards of $30-$50.
However, prices may differ based on your location and where you purchase the plant from, such as a local nursery, garden center, or online retailer.
Read More:1. Dwarf Carpet of Stars
2. 50 Trees Name In English With Pictures
3. Stone Lotus Flower: Benefits, Care and Propagation
4. Alocasia Jacklyn: Benefits, Care and Propagation
5. Half Moon Monstera: Benefits, Care and Propagation Guide